Evening fields

Now that summer is around the corner ( somehow skipping spring ) I see a lot more sunsets during my commute, which inspired me to this painting:




I like the golden glow of wheatfields in the sundset.. ( though I see more rapeseed fields here in bavaria ). The warmth gives me a cozy feeling of home, freshly baked bread and... aah I need to do firebread this summer! ( and a painting about that maybe? )

Anyway. I worked quite long on this one.. I think its about 20 hours at this point. I tried a few different approaches than usual. I relied more on the lasso tool and selections combined with a gradient brush in the early stages, hence the clear slopes and shapes of the environment. I applied the same things with the clouds... I'm not too happy with them.. the fall a bit out of the painting and don't really fit into it.... but I think they are interesting by themselves and require more studying!
All in all, I'm happy with the painting. The approach using the lasso tool is very interesting and controled, so I'll be experimenting with that for a while.

Now I'm going to enjoy the nice evening breeze and do some sketches. Until next time! :)