Greetings by the wayside

"...When on the road, travelling the countryside alone, it is nice to meet a person once in a while. If you do, greet them, give'em a smile, for it will brighten both your and their day..."




I like the topic of travelling. I love travelling an wandering in fact, yet I did not have much chances to follow this love... and a lot of chances I had, have gone to waste because of my indecisiveness. They say, an artists personal work reflects his inner yearnings and wishes. When I look at this and a lot of my previous images I realise how true that sentence is.

Seeing how this image started and how it touned out in the end, does reflect a bit what is happening to me right now.
I'm going to quite some trouble right now, live changeing stuff so to say. But it is not all bad. during the last couple of months I got a lot of insight in myself.. what I've lost, let go to waste, but also I realised what is holding me back. I start to see what I really want... where I want to go to and what needs to change and improve in order for me to reach that. To me, the topic of wandering reflects that greatly.

I still don't have a lot of time for personal works, so updates will say a bit rare for a while. But I'll slowly ramp it up again. There's a lot of thongs I want to bring out.. stories to tell and journey's to share!


If you like, you can see the process as video on my youtube channel