Saturday, October 3, 2015

Wander through the giants forest

Hello everyone. Finally managed to finish something.
I still don't have much time for personal stuff. reason for that is, that due to my new job, I have to stay in a hotel during the week, renderin gme unable to work on my own stuff during most of the week. As soon as I get a proper appartment, I'll be able to pick up my projects where I left them.

During the week, I can sometimes use my station in the office for my own paintings, so I started this one



A lone wanderer adventuring through the giants forest.

The illustration is based on a couple of sketches i did a while ago.. well they can be seen as some sort of storyboard.




I want to do a environment concept for my portfolio. The idea behind it is simple. A forest with trees so gigantic, that a whole ancient city fits between them. In the thumbnails represented by a temple. A character, or better a group of chracracter, explores this scenery, uncovering secrets, finding artifacts and strange creatures... I think I can combine this idea with some of my other projects.  At the moment I think I'm done with it... but I'll give it another go in a few days.



As I stated above, due to current circiumstances I rarely have time for my own projects ( aside from sketching traditionally ). I am deeply sorry to have to put so much promised entries on hold... :(. But as soon as my situation is better, I'll pick up the pace. More entries, more streams, new videos.

Until then I hope you enjoy this little post :)

No comments :

Post a Comment