Saturday, April 11, 2015

Fighting! and some advice on improving

Just a little post to show you that I'm still alive! :)

Besides working on a project, I'm doing more studies and experiments than finished work lately. A lot of those fail and I don't really want to show them. But as an artist, almost 90 % of what you do ends up like that, and thats absolutly fine. We learn from our mistakes, improve on them and sometimes, by accident, we find a great addition to our workflow! So, If you're struggeling, just paint ahead. nobody has to see your failed images, but they are the perfect place to improve.

Anyway, I have one of them I'd like to show, since I'm fairly happy with it



Tried out a different approach again.. more vivid colours and a play with oversaturated light. I think it works fine for the experiment.
On a side node: The composition and placement of shapes makes it a good candidate for and animated 2.5D image... I think I might do that today...

For your interest, here are some WIP shots






2 comments :

  1. Die Dynamik und die kräftigen Farben sind toll :D.
    Wenn ich deine Bilder seh und mir deine alten im
    Geiste aufrufe ist dein Fortschritt echt enorm.

    Lg Pu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke dir ^^" Ich merk selbst erst wie ich mich verbvessere, wenn ich mir mein altes Zeug ansehe.. Tägliches, konzentriertes üben zahlt sich definitiv aus! Wobei mir einfällt, das ich mir wieder nen stoß kopierpapier fürs gesture-drawing zulegen muss :D sind mir heut ausgegangen

      Delete