Friday, October 24, 2014

Fanart: Black and White

Something unusual from me :D



My girlfriend made a short comic for a challenge a couple of days ago ( go watch her, she's awsome: http://art-and-illus.blogspot.de/2014/10/black-and-white.html )
I liked the style and story, as well as how she told it without written language, so I decided to make a little  artwork in a similar style.  ( besides that, she made me a shiny umbreon card as an exchange :D yay ).  I first tried to go all out with outlines, like in her comic. But I failed at that. When you don't usually work with outlines, they are really hard to deal with... gotta learn that stuff.
So I mixed in my usual workflow, combined with the use of the lasso tool. That came espacial in use for the leaves. Working with the lasso tool, combined with soft and hard edged brushes was a lot of fun... I might do some more experimenting with that.

It is a good exercise to try something new once in a while. It was challenging finding a new werkflow, following the styleguide provided by the comic.

Well. Back to work :)

1 comment :