Saturday, January 11, 2014

On the march

This one took a while *phew*




It startet out as a mere speedpainting, not much details just plane atmosphere. I liked how it turned out so I spend a couple ( and by that I mean a lot ) refining the details in the armore and the clouds, which took the most time to be done to my satisfaction.
All in all I'm very happy whith how it turned out! During the process I learnd  more about  hue / saturation layers and how well they can work together with the curves when you try to establish a mood very quickly. And I must say: as soon as the mood  is established, the rest of the painting is a piece of cake :D *nom*

I'll let it sit for a while and come backt to it later. I had some more details behind the fog in mind, but I'm not shure if they would fit or break the image...  but we'll see. I'll try my idea  later and look what happens. The great thing when working digitally :D yay

1 comment :